Getting The Job Done
ISO 9001 Accredited
ISO 9001 Accredited
Safe System of
Work Planning (SSoW)
Specialist Rail Vegetation Management
We are proud of our specialist vegetation management services for our clients in the rail industry. Our experienced, rail side qualified vegetation management workforce are fully accredited to work within track side environments.
Since inception, we have developed our business to become a multi skilled company with the ability to cover a broad range of services.
Some of our satisfied customers for rail specific vegetation clearance projects include:-
- Volker Fitzpatrick;
Fen Contracts Ltd are a RISQS Qualified Supplier. We also hold a Network Rail Railway Contractors Certificate (RCC) to enable us to provide full ‘lineside’ capability for specialist rail and trackside work including vegetation management, vegetation control and waste control.
We also have the ability to complete our own Safe System of Work Planning (SSOW). Under the RCC scheme we can provide safety critical staff and produce all required documentation for any track side project to support the deployment of staff when working on or near the line.
This rigorous qualification scheme ensures compliance and assurance to meet UK rail industry standards to satisfy industry and client needs and offer a one stop solution.
We will work with you to plan and manage the following:
Tree Felling and Vegetation Management
- Provision of specialist equipment including Tracked Bandit 1590 XP Chippers, Excavators, Tree Shears and Mulchers;
- Felling and dismantling of trees, vegetation and scrub, track side, on and around structures, substations, overhead line equipment and other rail related sites;
- Clearing for ground investigation, topographical and ecological surveys;
- Embankment and Cutting Clearance for earthworks projects;
- Supply trained operators to carry out on track weed killing works with knapsack or machine mounted sprayers;
- Treatment of invasive species such as Japanese Knotweed, Himalayan Balsam, Giant Hogweed;
- Agronomist and ecological consultancy services.
Specialist Staff & Operations
- Providing a team of skilled and qualified personnel, including safety critical staff;
- Safe System of Work (SSoW) planning and documentation service;
- Cat Scan equipment and operator to carry out exploratory digs to find cables and other infrastructure with all appropriate equipment such as task lighting, track trolley and other road rail vehicles;
- Provision of operated mobile elevated work platforms or scaffold towers erected by PASMA qualified operatives for inspections of structures;
- Traffic management;
- Supply of temporary welfare arrangements including welfare van, ground hog units and mobile toilets.
Enabling and De-mobilisation Works
- Supply and erection of reptile fencing including trapping systems;
- Erecting temporary site fencing and installing gates;
- Constructing haul roads, access routes and constructing site compounds;
- Removal and reinstating of boundary and site fencing;
- Reinstating outside party land;
- Dust suppression and porosity testing;
- Guano clearance;
- Site clearance.
Fen Contracts have a substantial amount of Vortok fencing available to hire for long or short term projects. We can deliver fencing to your site, install or dismantle and collect fencing for you.
T: 01245 425934
Fen Contracts Ltd,
Registered in England & Wales No. 07644867.